Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Week 13: Find a New Crochet Tip to Try This Week.

The Challenge for this week is to find a new crochet tip to try. I also suggested Crochet Pattern Central: Tips and Tricks as a good site to look for tips and suggestions.

One tip that I think is really clever is about cutting yarn that I found on this page. The anonymous poster suggested using the cutter in a dental floss case to cut yarn in a pinch. A blogger, Whimsy Space, made a floss case into a small sewing kit!



I also read a tip on Crochet Pattern Central to use reusable wine bags that you get when you purchase several wine bottles at stores as project bags. My sister-in-law had given me a few of these wine bags awhile ago (thanks Debbie!), but I haven't used them yet. I am currently working on a star blanket and using six different yarn colors, so I got the idea to use the wine bag as a yarn organizer inside my open topped tote bag! It really keeps my yarn neat, organized, and easily accessible. It's a great tip, and if you're a wine drinker, it's all the more fun ;)



This week I enjoyed reading lots of tips from fellow crocheters and these two are ones I can see myself using all the time. What new tip have you experimented with this week?




Thanks for joining me for Week 13 of the 52 Week Crochet Challenge! 
It's never too late to join in the fun and there's no need to catch up, just jump right in:

52 Week Crochet Challenge
Ravelry Group - 140 members and growing!

1 comment:

  1. Cute idea re the floss holder! I read several that did the wine bag and am so glad you posted a pic because I didn't have a clue as to what they were talking about! Those are definitely perfect; I may need to start drinking wine :)

    ReplyDelete