Monday, April 27, 2009

Wild Weekend Weather - Yikes!

The ongoing joke here in Michigan is if you are tired of the weather, just give it a minute . . .

Saturday was no exception with clear sunny skies and warm temperatures, until the afternoon thunderstorms hit. We had winds of up to 70 miles an hour! I know that's nothing compared to a tornado, but I am always afraid of the high winds. We have so many older trees on our place and surrounding our house. We had only 1 casualty, this 45 foot tall pine. Thankfully it fell in an open area away from Steve's shop.


Amazingly we didn't lose power - at least not until Sunday evening around 5:30 pm. We had some thunderstorms on Sunday, but nothing like those of the previous day. Seems strange to me that the power went out, but happily it was back up by 11:30 pm.

Steve managed to get quite a bit cleaned up on Sunday.


Today is a very blustery day out, with high temps in the mid 80's. More thunderstorms are predicted overnight and temperatures tomorrow will be - hold on give it a minute - in the 50's!
Yikes! There's nothing like Michigan weather to keep you in suspense ;)

1 comment:

  1. I have a dear friend who lives in Michigan - she calls me all the time from the lake...she's enjoying the weather right now, but soon she will be wishing she were here (the winters are harsh)...I know, I visited her there once during Christmas and at one point I felt like I was in Siberia (he, he, he) and I'm from Germany, but my blood has gotten thin from living in hot climates for so long.

    ReplyDelete