Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday Finds - Ergonomic Crochet Hook Holders

Awhile ago I was talking to a co-worker about crochet. She was telling me that her mom used to crochet a lot but had stopped because the arthritis in her hands was making it too uncomfortable and painful. I remembered seeing egg shaped ergonomic holders in the stores and mentioned that it might help her mom. To my delight, my co-worker brought in an afghan that her mom had made for her using an ergonomic holder. Her mother is back crocheting with a vengeance! I am so happy that my suggestion was able to help her mom, and I hope that maybe this blog post will help someone else too.

This handle by Boye will adjust to fit hooks size B (2.25mm) to size K (6.5mm) and is available online through Annie's.


For those who also like to thread crochet, I found this Eleggant Hooks set which includes 3 hook heads for thread and 3 for yarn in the basic kit. Additional hook sizes are also available on their website. 


I have not used these types of handles myself but I would appreciate any comments from those that have. 

Happy crocheting!

No comments:

Post a Comment